Commercial Product Release Guidelines
Before you ship your commercial game or any other product please perform a few simple steps.
When you’re ready to publish your game and start earning money you need to fill out and submit this form.
We use this information to know a little about yourself and your game. Also if you need some help with marketing or publishing feel free to ask us here.
We’re ready to help.
Here is a sample checklist with helper tasks to do before your product release:
- Don’t use debug or any test builds, cook your game in Release mode for best performance.
- Prepare an EULA for your product which explicitly disclaims any representations, warranties, conditions, and liabilities related to the Flax Engine.
- Include the following credits to your product: “[Product Name] uses the Flax Engine. Copyright 2012 – [year], Wojciech Figat. All rights reserved.”
- Validate any Flax-related logos and content with Branding Guidelines.
- Ensure that your product complies with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules.
As soon as you’ve begun collecting money for your product (in e.g. sold units or in-app purchases as described in EULA), you’ll be obligated to track gross revenue and pay a 4% royalty on that amount after your product earn first $25,000 (per game per calendar quarter).
To report your product earning, complete and submit this form.
Here is an example:
Gross Revenue in Quarter = $50,000
Royalty Amount Due = ($50,000 – $25,000) * 4% = $1,000
If you have any questions feel free to ask here.