Today I’d like to talk about development of Celelej Game Engine version 2. As you may see on published screenshots (more about features here) project is looking better than the old one. But you could ask how was it in the past? Fortunately I have got some historical screenshots from editor app during development from early beginning until now.
I must confess there were plenty of problems to resolve. How to design Core logic to achieve the best performance? How to implement games logic scripting backend? Should I redesign Visject? Or maybe old content management system is weak?
Furthermore through first 6-7 months there was literally nothing to show in project. Only crappy window with some crazy colored rectangles. That’s why I used to develop project more in secret as I wanted. During that first phase my work was consisted of 2 parts: rewriting and redesigning. I had to restore all nice features from the old Celelej. On the other hand I knew which parts should be new. Ideal mix of those two resulted something that you can see now.
Finally I hope you like engine or maybe just photos interest you. This would mean my job has been done properly. Now I’m during creating C# scripting backend that will be used by games logic. For curious people here is a link for my Trello board with current roadmap of the project. I also plan to create custom website with a special service for community where people could add custom feature requests. But first, release product.